Helminths, referred to as worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause various abnormalities. This disease is called helminthiasis. Experts can name hundreds of helminths, the most common of which are dumplings, spindleworms, catworms, and others. Such parasites, while causing many problems, do not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, including the echinococcus, the alveococcus, the bovine tapeworm - a tapeworm that can reach up to several meters.
There are several possible causes of worms entering the body, which can occur if:
- a person disregards personal hygiene rules;
- does not comply with hygiene standards when preparing food;
- eats poorly thermally processed foods;
- eating unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- do not wash hands after contact with animals;
- bathe in a polluted river or pond;
- bitten by an insect (although infection by the bite is extremely rare);
- often located next to a patient with helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if the presence of most of them has no pronounced symptoms? Nevertheless, there are some very telling signs:
- difficulty passing stools - certain types of helminths may block the bowel, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, as these parasites secrete substances that provoke watery stools;
- gas formation is a completely common phenomenon, but if it is observed for more than 14 days, worms are likely to have settled in the body;
- allergy - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - cells that cause allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms get into the muscles and move there, which is the cause of the pain;
- deterioration of appearance - external signs of infection are common in helminthiasis - wrinkles, pimples, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss;
- change in body weight - the body responds to foreign invasion by increasing weight, and if the weight decreases, it means that parasites extract useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths draw nutrients from the blood, leading to a decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - a symptom due to the release of worms from the body;
- gnashing of teeth in a dream;
- increased fatigue - acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body starts an active fight against helminths, so restless sleep or insomnia may occur;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths may cause difficulty breathing and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before you can fight worms, you need to go through tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms?
Evolving parasites have adapted perfectly to man's internal environment. Most often, people with helminthiasis who come to the hospital with various diseases do not even suspect that these are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost every worm has a small hook or squeegee that sticks it tightly to the wall of the intestines and other organs. They spread throughout the body - they attack the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that doctors can often make a misdiagnosis, confusing the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body, preventing its destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle because the decay products left behind continue to poison the body. Therefore, you need to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Methods of treatment
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - this is drug therapy and traditional medicine. The elimination of worms with drugs is divided into three stages - preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. Drugs have a broad and narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any parasite, prescribing narrow-spectrum drugs to treat certain types of worms. The most effective of these are:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form for the treatment of enterobiasis and trichuriasis;
- tetrahydropyrimidine derivative - available as a suspension or tablet to treat ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This drug can be used even during pregnancy, but prior medical consultation is required;
- benzimidazole carbamate derivative - 3 types - suppositories, powders and tablets, helps children to remove dumplings. It is also prescribed for the treatment of bovine and porcine tapeworms, Giardia and tapeworms. The drug kills not only adult parasites but also their larvae.
There are still many drugs that help get rid of worms and their decay products. However, the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, which results in the patient having headaches, indigestion, allergies, general malaise, and fatigue after treatment. The destruction of parasites, drugs simultaneously damage the microflora of the whole organism, and in this respect, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without the need for pharmaceuticals. They have virtually no side effects, gently cleanse the body and help restore its functions.
Treatment of worms with herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, they collect plants with special anthelmintic properties and make decoctions and tinctures from them.
- A mixture of dry cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take equal amounts of herbs, mix and eat 5 gr. from this mixture daily on an empty stomach, drink plenty of warm water. The duration of treatment is 30 days.
- The potion of wormwood.This anthelmintic is very effective in small amounts, but if taken in excess, it has a negative effect on the body. Mix the centaury and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 gr. mixture, pour a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The decoction is drunk half an hour before bed.
- Infusion of celandine.Grind the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and allow to cool. Then filter the mixture and take it twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small amounts it is completely safe and very effective in treating stubborn parasites.
- Elecampane tincture.Mix the roots of elecampane, tansy flowers and dried blueberries in equal proportions. Separately about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture on low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treating worms with folk remedies involves using products that are available to everyone. Onions have an excellent antimicrobial effect and are also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- cut the middle onion with a knife a little, pour a glass of warm water, leave overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink onion tincture;
- twist the onion in a meat grinder, unscrew the juice, mix it with a three-year-old aloe juice and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be eaten three times a day;
- Wrap a few medium onions in a meat grinder, pour half a liter of vodka. Leave for 10-12 days, then strain and take one tablespoon three times daily before meals.
Important to know!People who are prohibited from taking alcohol-containing medications may use an aqueous infusion.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to get rid of worms quickly with garlic:
- rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix with a liter of warm boiled water and make an enema before going to bed;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink before going to bed, this method is effective in treating child worms;
- a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and warm milk is prepared. It should be taken in 100 g. several times a day such a cure is very effective against tapeworms.
Other cures for worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done by traditional means.
Pull some green nuts along with their shells through a meat grinder. Bring a glass of water to a boil, add a little salt and pour over the nuts. Wrap the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then filter and drink the full infusion at once.
Squeeze the sauerkraut juice and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dry crust pour half a liter of vodka. Keep in a dark place for 7 days, shaking the container from time to time. Strain the tincture and take one teaspoon three to four times daily before meals. The duration of treatment is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. They can be combined with other products to increase the anthelmintic effect:
- seeds and honey - twist a glass of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Consume the mixture on an empty stomach, after two to three hours drink a laxative;
- seeds and garlic - the seeds are lightly fried in a dry pan and mixed with three large cloves of chopped garlic. Add 20 gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk - grind the seeds and drink with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the most effective and safest ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine offers a number of methods to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And while many are skeptical about such a treatment, when used properly, this drink will help you get rid of helminths quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before going to bed. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms to stay behind the walls of the internal organs, making them particularly vulnerable. You should stand up 2 hours after taking the cognac and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine offers a number of safe ways to get rid of worms in children. This is very important because the child’s body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But unfortunately, children do not always understand the need for treatment. In order not to be uncomfortable and painful, there are recipes that the little patient will like:
- carrot-honey juice - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a tablespoon of fresh honey. If your child loves carrots, you can simply grate them, add honey, and let the baby eat them;
- fry the pumpkin seeds a little, grind and mix with honey. The child will be happy to eat this mixture.
If symptoms are threatening, use herbal decoctions, garlic enema and laxative.
It is better to prevent any disease than to treat it, so in order to prevent parasites from entering the body, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after the street and before eating;
- wash all vegetables and fruits consumed;
- subjected to thorough heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- restricts contact with street animals;
- pets are regularly shown to the vet.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment it can get rid of it very quickly.